
My 1st run was awesome! The snow was fantastic and I was skiing great! We started our 2nd run and enjoying every second of it. We were on the cat-track of Chip's Run when we approached the area where a snowboarder crashed into me last year and knocked me out....a jinxed area to say the least! I dropped off a small lip that I love to take! I do it all the time. I landed and sat back pretty far almost onto my skis. When I was bringing myself to an upright, standing position, somehow my poll got stuck in the ground in front of me....causing me to make contact with the top of my poll and my chin!! I then crashed pretty bad, losing a ski and tumbling a little. When I finally stopped I rolled over and started spitting up blood. I quickly realized I had all my teeth, but couldn't tell what I had done. Come to find out I bit through the inside of my bottom lip. Ski patrol came and me being well me I wouldn't take the tobogan ride down, so I skied down.... a little scared and as slow as I could. I then got to spend a couple hours in the clinic where the gave me 3 stitches inside my bottom lip. It was not fun!!

Gross isn't it?!!!! The stitches are beyond annoying! My jaw is really swollen and pushed forward because of it, so I can't close my jaw, which means I can't eat food. So I'm on a liquid diet for who knows how long. Well the drive home from this....well interesting day.....was slow going! And the view of the valley coming upon us quickly was an unpleasant sight at best! I can't believe we live under this crap in the winter. No fun!
And the craziest picture of them all! MY POLL!
Yes my chin hit with such force it bent the poll! How crazy is that!!
What an exciting day! The worst part about it all.....I missed out on more skiing in that gorgeous weather and couldn't sit by the fire, eating greasy yummy food, sipping hot cocoa at the Tram Club. BUMMER!!







1 comment:
I'm so glad you are blogging! I never get to see you in person, so this is the next best thing! You look and seem amazing! I'm so happy for you! xoxo!
Post a Comment